This is a no-pets building. No pets shall be kept or harbored in the building unless the same in each instance is expressly permitted in writing by the Board.
VISITING COMPANION ANIMALS
Pets shall be permitted to visit a Shareholder or Resident up to twice per calendar year, and for a period of no longer than two weeks per visit. No more than two pets may be allowed to visit a Shareholder or Resident at any given time. Additional visits or longer stays are not allowed unless expressly permitted in writing by the Board, after being approved by an authorized vote of the Board. Written notification must be given to the Superintendent at least 24 hours in advance of the beginning of the visit, along with a completed application. Please download the application, or obtain it from the Superintendent.
● All companion animals must be carried or be on a leash when taken through common areas of the building.
● All companion animals must be brought in or out via the service entrance.
● The Board is authorized to request immediate removal if a companion animal causes a disturbance to other neighbors or if the resident fails to follow the companion animal rules.
● The Board and/or agent(s) authorized by the Board may inspect the premises if they receive a notice or complaint of violation.
● A Shareholder or Resident found to be keeping a visiting companion animal longer than authorized or found with any companion animal to be in violation of these rules will be subject to fines and/or legal actions.
● Companion Animal owners are liable for the cost of remedying any damage caused by their Companion Animal.
● Non-domesticated animals (any wild animal, reptile, or fowl which is not naturally tame or gentle, but is of a wild nature or disposition, and which, because of its size, vicious nature, or other characteristics would constitute a danger to human life or property) are not permitted in the building under any circumstances.
A GUIDE TO NEW YORK CITY’S NOISE CODE states the following:
Animal noise that is unreasonable and plainly audible from within
nearby residential property may call for enforcement action if the noise
● After 7:00 am and before 10:00 pm for a continuous period of 10 minutes or more.
● After 10:00 pm and before 7:00 am for a continuous period of five minutes or more.
The complete guide can be found here.